Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Simplicity

It's not much of a secret that this last year has been pretty complicated and filled with plenty of unexpected, and somewhat unwanted, changes of plans. But every 'bad' thing that happened to us had a pretty good result. Matt lost his job, so we now are focusing on a comic we've wanted to release for a very long time. We had to sell our home, but now we're in a brand new adventure with better living conditions and far less stress! This time last year we were in a car accident and Matt's car was totaled, so we now share one vehicle and life is just a bit more simple.

So simplicity is my aim for this next year. Really grind down to the basic wants and needs that I have which boil down to three general topics. 

I want to be creative. I want time for improving my art, photography, singing, sewing, crochet, so on and so forth. These things rejuvenate me, and for me they are very VERY important. 

I want to be healthy. I want to have the resources and funds to treat my body well. I want time to work out, and I want time to cook fantastic food that makes me feel good. I want to treat my skin the way it deserves, and I want to not skimp out on the nutrients my body needs.

I want to be happy. I've been the happiest I've been in a very long time, and that's partly to do with finding someone who shares the same life views as I do, and partly to coming to peace with myself. I want to do things that enrich my sense of self and my relationship, and the previous two wants tie into this one. Living a healthy and creative life are key to making sure my happiness stays intact. 

Not really New Years resolutions per say, but more mental attitudes to keep in mind in day to day life. Would I want to spend time on reddit, or should I work on a painting? Do i want to go out for dinner or can I cook a nice meal at home? Do I sleep in or do I wake up and work out? Do I go and spend $65 on a haircut, or do I just learn to do it myself? Where is my money going? Why am I spending so much on so little quality things.

This blog also plays into the simplicity.
I want a place to write, document, and share my life- without the clutter other websites bring.

I look forward to the future that 2015 brings.
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the Internet doesnt eat this comment again....

    It's weird to read this, because I've had a very similar year... My girlfriend's car was totaled in an accident during an ice storm at the beginning of the year, and near the end of Summer, we finally decided to buy a new car to once again have two vehicles. The day we were going to sign the paperwork I was laid off though, so we never were able to. Less than a month later, my car broke down completely, and it was cheaper to just get a new vehicle than to get it repaired... We had to take on that huge additional expense with our now halved income.

    Rather than looking for a new job, she's encouraged me to stay home and work on my animation portfolio so I can get a job I actually want. I've been wanting the opportunity for a long time, but it's stressful, and at times I feel worthless if I'm not working on anything or making myself useful... It's hard to shake the guilty feeling that I could be doing something more important any time I'm taking a break or even sleeping...

    But reading this has been inspiring, and encouraging. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who's world has been shifted so in such a short amount of time. I hope to adopt your outlook, your optimism, and your goal of achieving simplicity where you can.

    I want to thank you for helping to pick me up, no matter how indirectly it may have been. We're looking to move to Austin for work in the future, if that day ever comes I would love to show my appreciation over drinks or something. From one artist to another, I want to wish you both happiness, success, and simplicity in the coming year and beyond.

    Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, VERY similar!
      Financial struggles can be tough, but once you start doing what you love for work it's absolutely wonderful. Just don't overwork yourself too much, as breaks are just as important as hard work.
      All the best wishes to you guys too!!

      Delete

© Austen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig