Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Why you should work every day at your chosen craft

I have a folder on my desktop named "Redraws". In this folder I happen to have a few somewhat now-embarrassing pieces of my old work that, as you may have guessed, I want to redraw. 
Thanks to the support of my patrons, I finally had the time and the means to get around to the one I wanted to do most.

This is a redraw of an old ‘cover’ for a comic I never got around to of my old characters, “Ava” and “Skunk” who have had many name changes, and really don’t have anything final yet. I hope to do more with them in the future, but I think they deserved a redraw after eight years.
Here it is side by side with the original.



Eight years ago I thought that the image on the left was the best thing I had ever drawn.
 
Don’t stop drawing. Don’t get discouraged. Just keep at it. Some days you’ll hate your work, and some days you’ll love it. Hopefully more of the latter. 
But just keep going. You’re constantly improving even if you can’t see it yourself. Keep at it.
<3 A
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Austen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig